- David Fulmer Named Winner of the 2013 Carlos Surinach Commission
- BMI Foundation Awards 8th Annual Woody Guthrie Fellowships
- 15th Annual John Lennon Scholarship Winners Announced
- 61st Annual BMI Student Composer Awards Competition Underway
- David F. Bills, Richard A. Garza, and Samantha Cox Elected as Officers of BMI Foundation, Inc.
- Porfirio Piña Elected President of Board of BMI Foundation, Inc.
- BMI Student Composer Awards
- Boudleaux Bryant Commissions
- Carlos Surinach Commissions
- Charlie Parker Jazz Composition Prize
- Evelyn Buckstein Scholarship
- General Grants
- Harriette Schiff Roth Scholarship
- Jean Pratt Scholarship
- Jerry Bock Musical Theatre Award
- Jerry Harrington Musical Theatre Awards
- John Lennon Scholarships
- Lionel Newman Conducting Scholarship
- Milton Adolphus Award
- peermusic Latin Scholarship
- Robert Sherman Scholarship
- Theodora Zavin Scholarship
- Un Canto al Cambio Scholarship
- Women’s Music Commission
- Woody Guthrie Fellowship Program
BMI Foundation, Inc.
BMI Foundation, Inc.
7 World Trade Center
250 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10007-0030
Boudleaux Bryant Commissions
for classical composers
The Boudleaux Bryant Commissioning Program funds the creation of new chamber works by former winners of the BMI Student Composer Awards. Awarded on a regular basis, these commissions were established through the generosity of the family and friends of the late celebrated songwriter, Boudleaux Bryant, who wrote such hits as All I Have To Do Is Dream and Bye Bye Love. Mr. Bryant began his career as a classical violinist, and therefore the commissioned works must feature a violin part in his honor.
For each commission, the BMI Foundation chooses a prominent contemporary music performer or organization and they in turn select a former BMI Student Composer Award-winning composer to write the commissioned work. The first BMI Foundation/Boudleaux Bryant Fund Commission was written for the renowned contemporary chamber music group, eighth blackbird.
By invitation only, no applications accepted