- Samuel Zagnit Wins Theodora Zavin Scholarship
- Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Workshop Member Andrew Monroe Wins Jerry Bock Award
- Monica Fernandez of Berklee Chosen for peermusic Latin Scholarship
- BMI Foundation Names Harrington and Jean Banks Award Winners
- BMI’s Jazz Composer Workshop to Celebrate 26th Anniversary
- 62nd Annual BMI Student Composer Award Winners Announced
- BMI Student Composer Awards
- Boudleaux Bryant Commissions
- Carlos Surinach Commissions
- Charlie Parker Jazz Composition Prize
- Evelyn Buckstein Scholarship
- General Grants
- Jerry Bock Musical Theatre Award
- Jerry Harrington Musical Theatre Awards
- John Lennon Scholarships
- Lionel Newman Conducting Scholarship
- peermusic Latin Scholarship
- Theodora Zavin Scholarship
- Woody Guthrie Fellowship Program
BMI Foundation, Inc.
BMI Foundation, Inc.
7 World Trade Center
250 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10007-0030
Apply Now For the 17th Annual John Lennon Scholarship Competition
The opening of the 17th annual John Lennon Scholarship program has been announced by the BMI Foundation, Inc. The 2014 program will award three scholarships to U.S. college student songwriters. Prizes totaling $20,000 will be given to the best original songs submitted to the competition.
Established by Yoko Ono in 1997 in conjunction with the BMI Foundation, these annual scholarships honor the memory of one of the preeminent songwriters of the 20th century, John Lennon. Made possible through generous donations from Ono with matching funds from Gibson Musical Instruments, the program has awarded more than $300,000 to young songwriters over the last 16 years.
BMI’s Samantha Cox is director of the competition. The program is open to U.S. college students and alumni/alumnae ranging in age from 17 to 25. All lyrics and music must be original. The deadline for entries is February 7, 2014. Competition rules and applications are available on the John Lennon Scholarship webpage located on the BMI Foundation, Inc. website.
The BMI Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation founded in 1985 to support the creation, performance and study of music through awards, scholarships, commissions and grants.